About Beginning ASP.NET 4.5.1
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5.1 is a major update of the previous edition, Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in C# and VB. The book emphasizes the topics and techniques "Beginning" level readers need to know most.
The book covers both C# and VB code for the ASP.NET examples in print and for download so if you have experience in either (or neither) this book is for you.
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5.1 helps you learn to build dynamic database driven web sites using ASP.NET 4.5.1 and Visual Studio 2013 Express for Web (although you can use the commercial versions of Visual Studio 2013 as well to follow along.) Starting from scratch, you will progressively learn how to design and create web sites with interactive elements. After reading this book, you should be able to build a database driven web site on your own, using best practices and current standards.
The book follows the well-known Wrox Beginning approach where theory and demos are intermixed with exercises. Substantial pieces of theory are followed by an exercise that makes use of the things you learned in the theoretical parts.
Some of the topics covered in this book include:
- Getting started with ASP.NET 4.5.1
- Creating Your First Web Site in Visual Studio 2013
- Creating Consistent Looking Web Sites
- Programming Your ASP.NET Pages
- Working with ASP.NET Controls
- Using User Controls
- Creating Data Driven Web Forms
- Introduction to Databases, Displaying, Updating, and working with Data
- Working with Data using the ADO.NET Entity Framework
- Security in Your ASP.NET Web site
- Personalizing Web Sites
- Debugging and Tracing Pages
- Compilation and Deployment
If you have a technical question about this book, be sure to visit its forum at the Wrox web site. There's a fair chance your question has already been asked and answered. If not, send me a message through my contact page and I'll try to help you. Wrox shut down the forum in October 2020 and it no longer allows new signups or posts.