New Squash Category Started

As you may know from my About page I play squash. Although I am not as fanatic as the about page says, I try to play at least once a week.

I almost always play against my good friend Weieriama, also known as René Weijer. Unfortunately, he is better than me. I try hard, but apparently he tries harder, or he's just plain better.

How much better?? I don't know yet. Over the past couple of years, I think he won about 60 to 65 percent of the non-tie games. That leaves a meagre 30 to 35 percent for me. In a way, that's good, as it drives me to get better and turn the statistics around.

To keep track of the real figures, I created a little page in the Blogs section that keeps track of the number of games we played, and the result. In the left hand bar, you see a little chart that displays the number of won, lost and tie games (from my perspective). Right now, the statistic look OK: I won one, I lost one and one game ended in a tie.

Let's see how this changes over time....

Now, all I need to do is hook up the squash court to one of my public web services, so I don't have to manually keep track of the score ;-)


Where to Next?

Wonder where to go next? You can post a comment on this article. You can read existing comments below or you can post a comment yourself on this article .


Consider making a donation
Please consider making a donation using PayPal. Your donation helps me to pay the bills so I can keep running Imar.Spaanjaars.Com, providing fresh content as often as possible.



Talk Back! Comment on Imar.Spaanjaars.Com

I am interested in what you have to say about this article. Feel free to post any comments, remarks or questions you may have about this article. The Talk Back feature is not meant for technical questions that are not directly related to this article. So, a post like "Hey, can you tell me how I can upload files to a MySQL database in PHP?" is likely to be removed. Also spam and unrealistic job offers will be deleted immediately.

When you post a comment, you have to provide your name and the comment. Your e-mail address is optional and you only need to provide it if you want me to contact you. It will not be displayed along with your comment. I got sick and tired of the comment spam I was receiving, so I have protected this page with a simple calculation exercise. This means that if you want to leave a comment, you'll need to complete the calculation before you hit the Post Comment button.

If you want to object to a comment made by another visitor, be sure to contact me and I'll look into it ASAP. Don't forget to mention the page link, or the QuickDocId of the document.

For more information about the Talk Back feature, check out this news item.